I can’t even begin to explain the wonder that was today. TheySpeaks (Austin’s Youth Slam program) had Grand Slam Finals today and the energy was beyond incredible and every single performance nearly had me in tears. And……I MADE THE TEAM!!! I’M GOING TO BRAVE NEW VOICES 2013 IN CHICAGO THIS SUMMER! I honestly didn’t even think I was gonna make it to the third round, but more than anything I performed what are the three most important pieces I have ever written and I am damn proud of what I put into them. I’m exhausted guys, but today was one of the best days I’ve had like in ever. :)))
let’s take stock of why yesterday was awesome
- woke up to breakfast in bed from the boyfriend
- two girls from the dance team ordered me cookies from Tiff’s Treats
- a friend still in high school baked me cupcakes
- got Indian food with Ariana and she gave me Perks of Being a Wallflower and a resource lists for books, music, and earrings
- boyfriend got his entire family to call me at various times throughout the day to say happy birthday (this is a big deal, I’m obsessed with his family)
- only one class and it was English
- Spitshine poetry meeting; started a new poem
- boyfriend got me a tiara which I wore to dinner at Maggiano’s
- verryy fun night with my boyfriend after ;)
- new episode of Scandal! which I actually still need to watch..but is still very exciting
so basically everything is perfect and I love my friends. yay for being 18!
So it’s the first day of National Poetry Month so I’m going for the 30 poems in 30 days challenge thing again. Wish me luck babies! :)
P.S. I’ll be tagging them all NPM 2013, so feel free to blacklist.
things I plan to watch before my Hulu plus free trial runs out
- New Girl
- The Mindi Project
I am allowed to be angry. Anger is a valid emotion.
girls or boys????
girls and boys. :)
So my family has never been the kind to fast during religious holidays, but I think I’d like to try something today for Shivaratri. Since I’m already a vegetarian, there’d be no purpose in giving up meat, so I think today I’m going to be vegan (since that would actually be giving something up). Happy Shivaratri! :)
Saw Anis Mojgani and Andrea Gibson (be still my heart) perform live tonight and heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow for my dance team’s first ever national performance. Life couldn’t be bettahhh. :)
- express your genuine happiness to see someone when you see them
- don’t say “how are you” as a greeting; actually ask people how they are and wait for a reply
- take more pictures of amazing events and amazing people
- get back into yoga and meditation
- stop being afraid to meet new people, talk to people, compliment people, be with people
- eat more ice cream
Woke up in a weird mood today. There’s a poem inside me that needs to get out. I can wait.